Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: Malta
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Field Object Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 8:40am
I have a sales invoice report with a balance at the end. I want to create a new field object to convert the balance into another currency and leave the two values showing on the invoice.
Simple task!
So I used insert new field object and another @balance was created. Edit Field object and I've put " / 2.33" which is the Rate of exchange. It works fine but both fields have been updated. I want to leave one field with the actual balance and the new one with the amount divided by 2.33.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:01am
Do you have one or two @balance formulas in your report? You should have two. I'm suspecting that what you did was simply add the original @balance formula to your report a second time, then edited the original formula. You should instead create a formula, say @convertbalance, that would look like:
@balance/2.33
Then, put both @balance and @convertbalance on your report.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:39am
Open your Field Explorer. Right click on Formula Fields. Select New. Give your formula a name. Enter the text, as described above. Click Save and Close.
Now, from Field Explorer, add the new formula field to your report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum