Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sum issue with 'null' value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kezza
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote kezza Replybullet Topic: Sum issue with 'null' value
     Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 3:48am
Hello there,

I'm struggling with the following issue:

I want to sum two fields (from two different tables)in Crystal. But not all the results from one table contains a value. When one of the two fields contains no value I get an empty 'sum' field in Crystal.

The formula I'm using is:
{Table1.field1}+{.Table2.field1}

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 4:09am
change the formula expert option to 'Use Default values for nulls'
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 7:28am
when joining tables try using left outer join.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum