Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group by “original order” causes looping crystal r Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Capson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote Capson Replybullet Topic: Group by “original order” causes looping crystal r
     Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 4:44am
I have a report grouped by Themes-S >> Questions-S there are 8 themes and each theme has a between 17 and 5 questions in it.

The report has 16 pages.

I need to change the ordering from specific to original when I do I end up with 288 pages

Something is looping? I can not figure out how to fix this (using CR 11)

Thanks

Edited by Capson - 24 Aug 2013 at 4:46am
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 1:16am
Hi

It is because you said Original Order. For example if your database field 'Themes' is some thing like below order :

Thehme1
Thehme2
Thehme2
Thehme1
Thehme3
Thehme2
Thehme5

Then your original order changes groups as below :

Thehme1

Thehme2

Thehme1

Thehme3

Thehme2

Thehme5

Here you can observer Thehme1 & 2 are repeating just because of original order.

YOu can observe this in your report.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Capson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote Capson Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 5:04am
I see what you mean.
Thank you
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum