Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Number Parameter error remove comma Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: Number Parameter error remove comma
     Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 9:52am
I need to use a parameter for Year, for a report, but it must be using a type of Number not date or text, so 2013 is displaying on their screens as 2,013.

Not sure how to get rid of that. I dont think that will go away if I go in and tell the field type options to treat numbe as (-1123)

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 10:26am
if you are just displaying the parameter value in the report, you can format the field just as you suggested and it will work.

if you are presenting the users with a list of numbers as the parameters, I don't think you can alter the value and it has the comma in it...I think, I try not to use the parameter screen.

What you could do, depending on what you are doing, is to present the user with a string of the values...so that there is no comma, then say in your filtering formula use the value (VAL()) of the parameter.

It's a thought
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum