Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to pass Parm to Stored Procedure Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Topic: How to pass Parm to Stored Procedure
     Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:33am
Hello everyone.
 
I wrote an SQL Server stored procedure which has two parameters.  How do I get Crystal Reports(8.5)  parameters wired to the stored procedure's parameters?
 
Please.
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:36am
Hi

Create a blank report with two parameters in crystal and insert your stored procedure report as sub report.

Now link main report parameters to sub report parameters through change subreport links.

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:56am
I'm sorry but I don't understand.  If I insert a report as a sub report to another report I still don't see how the relation is establised between the stored Procedure's parameter to the Crystal Report's parameters.  When I do Change links I don't see anything to select that ties the CR parms to the Stored Procedures parms.
IP IP Logged
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 9:59am
I see now how the parms get wired. When you create a new report that uses a stored procedure as a data source, CR creates the parms for you; and the created parms have the same name as the parms in the Stored Procedure.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum