Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How do I do this? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Topic: How do I do this?
     Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:54am
Good afternoon everyone,
 
I need to be able to prompt the user to enter an ITEM and a CATEGORY for the report.  If the user chose item TR77 and category Red then only records that ITEM is TR77 and CATEGORY red will display,  and I need to let the user somehow get all the items without selecting them one by one.  And these items need to be matched up to their respective Category.
 
How do I go about doing this?  Can someone please point me in the right direction.  I'm super stumped.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 11:58am
dynamic parameters
you can make them cascading if your two values are related and you always want them to choose one before the other.
 
from there you just use the parameters in the select statment
 
table.item=?item and table.category=?category
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 4:40am
though you probably want to add an ALL option...usually I use ' all' or *all so that it sorts to the top of the list.

A command object will allow you to add the all option using a union and select from the table for the field you want in the dynamic parameter

you can use the command as the source in the dynamic parameter

just adding onto what DBlank said
IP IP Logged
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:29am
Thanks guys.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum