Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic cascading prompt problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
endtr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote endtr Replybullet Topic: Dynamic cascading prompt problem
     Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 2:56pm

Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports XI Release 2. I have a dynamic cascading prompt with two parameters which are country and city.
When the user selects a country, city parameter changes. I am using both "Value" and "Description" properties of the parameter.
"Value" property has "country_id" and "city_id" information and "Description" property has "country_name" and "city_name" information
repectively. "country_id" and "city_id" values are 15 digits numbers. With these values, cascading prompt is not working well.
I tried on my local database with both "country_id" and "city_id" values having 5 digits numbers, cascading prompt worked well.
The problem is that "Value" property has big numbers. I can't change customer's database, so I have to find a way to solve this problem.
Is there a bug or is there a limitation in Crystal Reports?

Thanks.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum