Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kgbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote kgbo Replybullet Topic: Formula Help
     Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 5:35am
Hello,
I am designing a report in which I want to bring back the effective insurance during a specific time period.
 
The table contains effective_dttm and expiration_dttm
 
If the insurance is currently effective, the expiration_dttm field is NULL.
 
I have a date range parameter set up to pull back those results by DOS (or process date).
 
How would you reccommend I set up a formula to pull back those results that if the date range is 1/1/2007 to 3/31/2007 and have an expiration date that falls within that date range AND those that have an effective date in that date range, but an expiration value of NULL?
 
Thank you.
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 6:21am
Hi,
 
Try the below logic in Record Selection Formula, It may help you.

Expiry_Date IN 1/1/2007 TO 3/31/2007
OR
Effective_Date IN 1/1/2007 TO 3/31/2007

--Praveen G


Edited by praveeng - 12 Aug 2013 at 6:22am
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
kgbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote kgbo Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:02am
Thank you,
I have set up my formula to be:
{Payer.Effective_Date} <= {?Date Range} OR {Payer.Expiration_Date} in {?Date Range}
 
this is bring back date ranges that are outside the 1/1/2007 to 3/31/2007 date range that I entered. Any advice?
 
I would only like those values to pull through that have an effective date that is lower than the Date Range parameter and a NULL expiration date.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 3:56am
{Payer.Effective_Date} <= maximum({?Date Range}) and
(isnull({Payer.Expiration_Date}) or {Payer.Expiration_Date}>= minimum({?Date Range}))
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum