Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Photos in Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
brockloch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote brockloch Replybullet Topic: Photos in Report
     Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 7:54pm
Hi
I wonder if someone can help. I have a report that lists all my employees from my payroll package. I also have a separate database of employee photos, saved as jpegs.

Is there a way to link the image database with my crystal report.

Thanks for any guidance?
brockloch
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:31pm
Hi,
 
You need to join both tables using EMP ID column in the database expert > Links tab.
then place the Image field in the section where you want.
 
P.S: we need to check the report performance, I think if we add tables from multiple database then the performance will be decreases.
Try this and post reply.
 
--Praveen G


Edited by praveeng - 07 Aug 2013 at 11:31pm
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:43am
Yes, pulling data from another database will be slower. The caveat about pictures that I always remind people is that CR does not have any ability to change the size of picture container...so if all the employee pictures are the same size, the report will display them correctly, but if they are different sizes, some might be stretched, some squished or cut off (depending on the option used to display the picture).

HTH
IP IP Logged
brockloch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote brockloch Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 12:43am
Thanks for the help - I think the problem I have is that there is no shared link between the 2 tables, the pictures are just a list of jpeg images
brockloch
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum