Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress SubReport + Main Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nhopp4
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote nhopp4 Replybullet Topic: Suppress SubReport + Main
     Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:24am
Hi Guys!
 
I have a subreport that I am conditioning for a certain field I am looking for.  When the subreport shows in the main report it will show just the field I am looking for and I have suppressed blank sections for the empty spots of the subreport.

Now I want to suppress three fields that if the subreport is suppressed then these fields will also be null so my report is shorter.  I am using crystal reports 2011.
 
Thanks!
Nick
IP IP Logged
nhopp4
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote nhopp4 Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 10:32am

Figured this out.. Thanks!

Format Fields to suppress if {FIELD} <> "word" THEN TRUE.
 
Works good after you set up a shared variable.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 10:50am
as a shortcut you could just enter:
{field}<>"word"

this will evaluate to either true or false, and CR will be happy. just lazy and try not to type IF ... Then if I can get away with it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum