|
I am have trouble with date fields and date parameters. Here are a few recent notes about these problems, some or all of which may be related:
2013.07.25
When I browse the values in a field in a table (Delivery.Promised_Date), they range from "11/30/2007 12:00:00AM" to "12/31/2114 12:00:00AM". However, when I am setting up a data range parameter for that field and I use the action "Append all database values", the values returned range from "11/25/2007 12:00:00 AM" to "2/27/2012 12:00:00 AM". I think this is because CR, by default, returns only the first 1,000 values in a field. I am waiting (in my previous discussion on this forum) for someone to tell me how to change this default setting. I am using CR version 11.0.0.1282 and my OS is Windows XP Professional 2002, which, I believe, is 32-bit.
In my date range parameter, I allow custom values and range values (but not multiple values and discrete values). When I run the report and the parameter prompts me to enter values for the start and the end of the range, in the format "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss", I enter "2013-07-01 00:00:00" and "2013-07-25 00:00:00".Yet the report returns values in that field ranging from "11/25/2007" to "12/31/2113" -- which is neither the range I specified in the parameter nor the full range I see when I browse the values in that field!
2013.07.30
The "Promised_Date" field in the "Delivery" table contains 53,203 records with 1,737 unique values, ranging from 11/25/2007 to 12/31/2014 (I know this from running a report with only that field). When I browse the contents of that field from Crystal Reports, I see only 500 unique values, ranging from 11/30/2007 to 12/31/2114. When I try to set up a parameter field using the values in the "Promised_Date" field and I tell the "Create New Parameter" wizard to "Append all database values", I get only 402 unique values, ranging from 11/25/2007 to 2/27/2012.
2013.08.01
I used two parameter fields to set up a date range, entered the date range 2013.07.15 - 2013.07.19, ran the report, then grouped by that field. I used the same field for the two parameters and for grouping and I inserted that field in the report. I got records for 2013.07.16, 2013.07.17, and 2013.07.18, but the grouping tree on the left hand side of the report shows only one value, and it is... 2013.07.14!
I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions!
Thanks,
Matteo
|