Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Duplicating records Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 6:19am
you right clicked on the inc_id
selected foramt field
selected common tab
marked the check box next to suppress if duplicated?
IP IP Logged
STCPD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote STCPD Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:56am
Yes, I did that. While it does suppress the number it still puts the GROUPDESC as another record. I need the each of the GROUPDESC to be listed together under one inc_id. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:12am
do you mean you need to concantenate the descriptions and show them on one row?
IP IP Logged
STCPD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote STCPD Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:52am
I got it! You were on track with the grouping. I just didn't understand enough to follow through the whole way.
So I grouped on inci_id (my 3rd group) and then placed all the fields (except groupdesc and itemdesc) in the 3rd group header section. I left groupdesc and itemdesc in the details section. Then I moved my dotted line to indicated the end of a record to group footer 3.
Wheww! Thanks for your help. I love this forum!Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum