Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR 2008 freezes during print/export license Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Nigge
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Nigge Replybullet Topic: CR 2008 freezes during print/export license
     Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:13am
Hi!

I have encountered a problem, everytime I try to print a report from Crystal reports either by pressing the printer button or pressing file-> print
crystal reports freezes and I have to force close it.

I read in other forum threads that a reinstallation might help.
however for a reinstallation I guess I need my serial key.
Is there any way to export the serial key from Crystal reports?
from within crystal reports the serial key is scrambled...

Is there any way to solve the printer problem without reinstallation?:-)

Thanks
/Niklas
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:47am
Hi Nigge,
 
What is the version of Crystal Report Designer you are using?

Are you able to print documents using other applications (eg.word) on the same machine using the same user as you use to invoke CR?


Mostly, the default printer drivers which you are using could be corrupted, remove your default printer and drivers and reinstall drivers and check.
How many printer drivers are installed on your client machine?
 
If there are multiple printer drivers then there is a possibility of one of those might be corrupted, so please verify it. This is how you could do it.
 
Control Panel >> Printers and faxes >> FIle >> Server Properties and then >> Drivers

Now try to open the properties If one of those is not opening then thats the one which is causing the issue. So unistall and re install it

Download Latest Minor Release (Service Pack) of Crystal report from SAP Service Market Place and try to install in your machine with Local admin rights.

For Licensing issues,
I would suggest calling the Customer Service department; you can get the info from the following link:

 
Call either the Canadian or USA number. If they can't help you directly, they should be able to tell you who you need to contact to resolve your issue.
There is also a form you can fill out to request help. Ensure you have all of your purchase information ready for them, ie: purchase order number, where you purchased the product, etc.
Please visit
 
 
and fill the form and submit the form .You would receive an Keycode on the email address that you will specify in this Form.You can also  try with the following link to request a license key:
--Praveen G


Edited by praveeng - 29 Jul 2013 at 4:48am
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
Nigge
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Nigge Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:56am
Hi

Many thanks for your reply
I am using version 12.3.0.601

And yes, I am able to print using other applications, its just crystal reports that freezes.
I have deleted all the printers except this one that I know works.
But still no luck...
Thanks for the link, I will check it
/niklas
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum