Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Data Duplicating on Several Pages Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
NeilHunter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote NeilHunter Replybullet Topic: Data Duplicating on Several Pages
     Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 12:00am
Hi Everyone

I'm quite new to Crystal Reports and new to this forum but hoping someone can help me.

I have created a report which uses several formula's. The Formula's in the report link to 2 other separate formula's that are not displayed in the report but when I display the report rather than the information being on 1 page it duplicates the information over several.

The 1st formula is a simple if then else formula that I'm using to convert a text value to 1, then the second sums the 1st formula and then the final formula in the report is a combination of 5 if then else formula's eventually giving me the total for number of times my criteria is met across 5 fields.

I'm doing this via formula's rather than group's because I do not have a Links Tab in the Database Expert so can not create any left joins so loss some data if there is a null value.

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Neil

IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 12:44am
Hi
 
formulas can't duplicate your report data.  Those are there for manuplating values or to insert summaries.
 
I think it is because, the table join in your report.  If you can't edit the links of your tables then try to use free hand SQL. i.e. Add Command.  Here you can write your own SQL which will pull the data from database.
 
 
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
NeilHunter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote NeilHunter Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 12:52am
Thanks for your reply Sastry

It was more me being daft. If used the formula's in Page Header rather details it displays correctly.

Thanks you for your advice regarding freehand sql as I'm that will help with what I am trying to do in the future.

Neil
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum