Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Delimiter - Ranges, Multiple Values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BluesPower
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote BluesPower Replybullet Topic: Parameter Delimiter - Ranges, Multiple Values
     Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 7:14am
Hi,

I am using a SAP BEx Query having variables that are reflected as parameters in the (subreport) Crystal Report.
In a main report I link formulas to the parameters in the subreport.
Is there delimiters/separators to fill the range parameter and the multiple value parameter?
; for multiple values
and
- or .. for ranges
does not work and I think now that it is not possible at all.

Thank you for your support
Christoph
The secret to happiness is low expectations - Barry Schwartz
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 5:36am
probably not. Those types of parameters are really arrays.

Not knowing SAP, what you could do is use a delimiter for each type of entry, and then in your report code in such a way that the report interprets the delimiters correctly.

In SQL Server, I used stored procs, and the user could pass in a string like 1,2,6-8, 12, 20-25 and it would parse the values in to a temp table correctly to be joined with the select statement and acted as a filter.

I am not sure how you could do the same in Crystal, but I think that it could be done.

As always, I would say that a stored proc is the way to go, and I realize that some report writers don't have the ability to write stored procs and/or allowed to modify the database.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum