| Author |
Message |
MicheleM
Newbie
Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
|

Topic: Calculating Percent Improvements Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:58am |
|
Why my brain can't think in Crystal terms I have no idea. But here we go. I have a report that shows peoples %improvement over time. The field is text of course, so it shows as 10 but it isn't numeric. I need to take a persons score in each category, for this I'll use Activity. This patient has 3 scores. 40, then 60, then 70.
I know the formula to figure out the differences. If increase then you subtract the change, then divide by the increase number, then multiple by 100.
If it decreases then I need to subtract, then divide by original amount and multiply by 100.
So how do I show the % increase/decrease? I put in a cross tab, but from there I am lost.
HELP PLEASE!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Gurbs
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
|

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:32pm |
|
If I understand you correctly, you already have the number in your field, but now you want to show the % sign?
Right click on the field -> format field -> Customize -> Currency symbol. Enable Currency Symbol, and change the symbol into %. Then, choose the position behind the number.
|
IP Logged |
|
MicheleM
Newbie
Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
|

Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 6:36am |
|
No, I need to show the % Improvement, so person A's first score in activity was a 40, next time it was a 60%, which equals a 33.3% improvement, then the next time person A's score is 70, which is a 14.3% improvement from the previous score of 60. So some how I am trying to show in a Cross Tab or if there is something better, a scale or chart that shows the improvement/or decreased improvement in Activity for a person.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|