Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to create conditional sums Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Logically
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2013
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Logically Replybullet Topic: How to create conditional sums
     Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 4:26am
I am new to crystal reports and trying to recreate a report this is  currently manually produced, within the manual process we extract the info from various tables and merge them within an excel template to create the data group we wish to analysis.
 
My requirement is to list material info ( multiple fields, code, description, uom etc) next I wish to have a "Key Figures" to display restricted totals for Total on hand and Nettable Qty on hand. Nettabe meaning availalbe to consume.
 
Example of required layout:
 
Item  Description  Foreign Code  Standard Cost UOM  MainWhs  WIP  R&D MRB
abc    def              ghj                100                each     10         0     0      5
 
Note: This info needs to be an a final format that will export easily to excel
 
The Total is stored currenty in one key figure named Warehouse, I  need to current new key figures for each warehouse.
 
I think conditional sum should work for my situation, but I can not get it to work.
 
Example of formula I am trying to use : Sum ({OITW.OnHand},{OITW.WhsCode} , "Main")
 
How I am getting the following error message when trying to save the formula "A group condition is not Allowed here"
 
What am I missing?
 
Or is conditional sum the best solution - all help and advise, very much welcome.
 
 
 


Edited by Logically - 04 Jul 2013 at 10:09pm
ONLY learning
IP IP Logged
Logically
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2013
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Logically Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 12:41am
Update
 
I have now created a Cross tab report which listed the totals in each Warehouse as required.
 
Cross Tab Set-up
Rows ->Itemcode
Columns -> Whscode
Summarized Fields -> Total Stock
 
This is all heading in the right direction to meet my requirement. The element now that I am lost on is how list the other data elements related to the Itemcode on the same row/line output within the crosstab.
 
Again what I need is Item Code Item Description Uom Standard Cost and then the results for the totals in the warehouses.
 
Again all help and advise, very much welcome
 
ONLY learning
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 3:45am
you may try showing some raw row level data and then how you want that to end up.
in general you can use 3 ways to get conditional sums
1-make a fomrula field that converts values basedon a conditiona nd then sume that
2-use shared variables with conditional criteria in them
3 - use running totals with evlauate formulas
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum