Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need formula assistance ASAP please Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kramey63
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kramey63 Replybullet Topic: Need formula assistance ASAP please
     Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 8:00am

I need to write a formula that uses the previous record value to perform a calculation and then has to reset based on a change in product number. Here is the data I have and need to work with:

ProductNumber
TargetDate (these are by month)
OnHandInventory
ExpectedReceipts
Demand

Each ProductNumber has 12 TargetDate's which I need to calculate the following for:

For the first date: ProjectedOnHandInventory = OnHandInventory + ExpectedReceipts - Demand
For the following eleven dates: ProjectedOnHandInventory = (the previous record's ProjectedOnHandInventory)+(the current record's OnHandInventory)-(the current record's Demand)

I then need for this to reset on change of ProductNumber, of which I have grouped on.

I appreciate any assistance I can get in getting this formula pulled together. It's the last thing I need to get this report off the ground. I really need this up and running ASAP.

TIA!

Kat

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:25am
simple formulas...come in groups of 3
reset, in the header
shared numbervar x:=0;
"" //will hide the display of the 0

increment, in the detail section
shared numbervar x;
x:= x + {table.OnHand} + {table.Expected} - {table.Demand};
x

Display...for a grand total for the group, or the ending amount, in the group footer
shared numbervar x


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum