Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: static Parameter list limit Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:01am
CR v10.0
When I create a parameter on a part number field in my report the drop down list only shows the first 100+ part numbers to choose from when there are probably over 1000.
Can I change it somewhere?
I have read that for dynamic parameters I can do a registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV and then add the following String Value: MaxRowsetRecords and give it a value.
I have done that at the server level and at my PC restarted Crystal but have had no success. Does this work for static parameters as well?
I have no experience doing dynamic ones and I am not even sure CR 10.0 offers that option.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 4:59am
I think that 10 can...
And while I understand the appeal of listing all the part numbers in one drop down...what a pain that will be for the user.
Rather is there a way to break up the part numbers that will make it easier on the user and not violate the 1000 entries. I am sure that the part numbers are encoded in some way (at least that is what I would do) so that they can be divided up.
The only caveat is that record selection formula would be a bit more complex to account for more parameters, but it should be doable
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum