Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Display Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Topic: Date Display
     Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 4:39am
Hi,
 
I wonder if anyone has had this problem?
 
On my users desktop I have installed CRRedist2008_x86.msi. This is so they are able to view a crystal report. On my desktop the date on a report is displayed correctly as 14 June 2013 but on my users it is displayed as 2013-06-14. I have tried all sorts of things to get as my desktop. From coding, to checking the user pc etc but I am getting no where.
 
Any ideas where my problem is.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:48am
Are you using the default date format?  We have had issues similar to this where it picks up the default values on their machine.  We had to change the format on fields in the report.

I hope this helps.


Edited by kevlray - 14 Jun 2013 at 6:18am
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 10:01pm
The default date is the correct format on their desktop, UK. I have also changed the format via the formula field but is still it comes out wrong.
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:49am
hi

Can you try to convert date to text and display liek :

ToText(currentdate, "dd MMMM yyyy")

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:00am
Hi,
 
Tried that and it did not work. It is a complete mystery this problem. I have actually got in touch with SAP and still waiting on a reply
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:25am
HI

Try this in the mean time

create following formula :

Totext(day(currentdate),"##")&' '&Monthname(Month(currentdate))&' '&Totext(Year(currentdate),"####")
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 5:05am
Hi,
 
Sorry for the delay in getting back as I have just returned from a holiday.
 
Tried as below and it works so I done the following.
 
Added my date field and when I ran it on the user's PC got the following error message, "A Date is required here".
 
I have checked to make sure it is the value is a date variable and it is. I subsituted currentdate to my date field e.g. startingdate but still got an error.
 
StartingDate value is 23-04-2012
 
I then done mid(StartingDate,1,2).
 
On my PC the value 23 is displayed and on the user's PC, the value 12 is displayed.
 
Any ideas what I could do apart from throwing the user's pc out the window.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum