Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Failed to open rowset caused by string field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
boxer23
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote boxer23 Replybullet Topic: Failed to open rowset caused by string field
     Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:49am
I have a simple report that I created on my computer running Win7. It uses two records using a not enforced inner join and works great. I transferred it to another computer that uses WinXP and when I run the report I get the "failed to open rowset" error.   I narrowed it down to one field that causes this, it is a string field. Other strings work fine but CR does not like this one specific field. Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
boxer23
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote boxer23 Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:54am
I just realized it's a string on the computer that it doesn't work. On my Win7 computer when I "show field type" it is listed as a "memo". Why would they show as diffrent field types on different computers?
IP IP Logged
boxer23
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote boxer23 Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 10:32am
Figured it out, CR didn't like me using the Microsoft ODBC driver even though it connected, installed the Oracle 10g driver and it works great now.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum