Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula Problem - Highest X where Y = value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
esther31
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote esther31 Replybullet Topic: Formula Problem - Highest X where Y = value
     Posted: 28 May 2013 at 1:02am
Hello
 
Apologies in advance if I don't explain this very well.
 
a customer has a ref number for example 12345678. On one table they have multiple records relating to this ref number recorded as 12345678/1 /2 etc etc. For 12345678/1  there may be a record in 2010/11 and 2011/12 and 2012/13 but there may also be a 12345678/2 record for these years too. I need to take the highest /* where the year is 2010/11. there is another table that applies a sequence number to the /* which I can reference if this makes the formula easier.
 
I thought I had nailed this but the report is excluding customers where the highest /* number only exists for a different year than the one specified.
 
Any ideas? I realise this is a jumbly mess so if you need any more information please let me know!
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum