Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Exclude dates from report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Exclude dates from report
     Posted: 24 May 2013 at 6:09am

Hi I am a Crystal Reports 2008 user:

High-level: I have a report that has formulas that will display the pay period end dates that fall within a specified date range. 

The problem: I never need the very first pay period end date that appears. I need that removed from the report. The reason is because this first pay period end date is always the last pay period end date of the prior report. causing overlap, and ultimately, overpayment.
 
Question: Is it possible to build a formula that will always exclude that first pay period?
 
Supporting Data: Here are the formulas that capture the beginning and end dates.
Start Date: dateadd("m",-6,{?Pay Period End Date})
End Date: {?Pay Period End Date}
{?Pay Period End Date}: 10/14/2012
 
Example: Pay Period End Date parameter = 10/14/2012. This will make the Start Date 4/14/2012 and the end date 10/14/2012. The first pay period end date in this range is 4/15/2012. I need this removed from the report. Thank you for your suggestions!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
joeg1962
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote joeg1962 Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:27am
Why not use dateadd with a set number of days instead of months? That way, you would control how many periods to include.
IP IP Logged
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:54am
I wish I could, but the process has to follow union guidelines, which requires us to look back 6 months to the "day"  (10/6 would go back to 4/6, and so on..).
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum