Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help modifying filter in CR XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fmgoy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2013
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote fmgoy Replybullet Topic: Help modifying filter in CR XI
     Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:14pm
Hi,

I have two similar reports in which the user chooses two dates and they give back all records from date 1 to date 2. Date 1 and Date 2 should be included in both reports but one of them only selects records bigger than Date 1 and not equal or bigger that Date 1.

I'm new into CR XI and I've tried to find where to change that filter (Reports > Select Expert, Formula Workshop, Database Expert...) without success. I've googled for a solution and I've read something about a "Query Panel" that I can not find.

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
joeg1962
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote joeg1962 Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2013 at 1:50am
Sounds like your selection should be similar to:
{database.date}>={@date1} and
{database.date}<={@date2}

you may not have the = (equal sign) as part of the statement
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:09am
I would also watch for time values within a datetime field. I have been tripped up by that before.

Edited by DBlank - 22 May 2013 at 4:10am
IP IP Logged
fmgoy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2013
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote fmgoy Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by joeg1962

Sounds like your selection should be similar to:{database.date}>={@date1} and{database.date}<={@date2}you may not have the = (equal sign) as part of the statement



Thanks for your reply. I think that's the key but my problem is where do I change that? I can not find the place in CR XI where to change the filter.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2013 at 3:39am
in the select expert. it is the button with the hand grabbing a red ball.
click on the 'show formula' button after you open it up.
 
{database.date} in {?StartDate} to {?EndDate}
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum