Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Topic: Concatenating Fields Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:10am
Hi,
How come sometimes you can drag a second field overtop the first and it will 'grab' and concatenate the two, but other times it won't grab? I'm not sure what controls this.
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:41am
i have never seen it really do this. i have seen where the fields overlap and appear to be one field.
i actually took a ghetto approach and made a cross tab like that once. i couldn't get it to work how i wanted so i just overlapped 3 cross tabs to make 1 awesome cross tab.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:07am
I am not sure exacly what is being referred to but perhaps it has to do with text object vs. data field. if you grab a field and drag it over top a text object you can drop it inside the text object. YOu cannot drop a dat afield into another data field
Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:10am
Thanks!
But yes, I'm trying to drop a data field inside a text object. I've seen this a lot in the past - sometimes it will allow it and sometimes it won't, and I'm not sure what controls that.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum