Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Spliting field into Array and then displaying Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
p0pcan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote p0pcan Replybullet Topic: Spliting field into Array and then displaying
     Posted: 15 May 2013 at 6:20am
I am having an issue with the split command and then displaying the info.
My issue is when we enter an return order in our system we choose which product is being returned and the quantity.  Then we ad a remark to the line item showing all the serial number so what I have is a field with serial numbers separated by commas like this:
123,456,789,321,654,987

What I want to do is split this info into an array and then display the info with the product number that the field is attached to like this:
dmw799bl-123
dmw799bl-456
dmw799bl-789
etc
etc.

When I am doing my display I am only seeing the last serial number in the list and I am not seeing all the ones before that.

So for my example above all I would see is dmw799bl-987, then the report goes onto the next product.

Could someone help me with what I am doing?

here is my code:
stringVar array serials := split({remarks.remark-data},",");
Local numberVar i;
Local stringVar outputString := "";
For  i:=1 to Count(serials)

 do
(
outputString := {oe_trailer.product-code} + "-"  + serials;
i = i +1;
);

outputString;

Thanks
IP IP Logged
p0pcan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote p0pcan Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:01am
Hello there,
could anyone help me on this?  i need to get this report working by tomorrow

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2013 at 11:23am
you'll kick yourself if my solution is correct...

outputString := {oe_trailer.product-code} + "-" + serials;

HTH
IP IP Logged
p0pcan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote p0pcan Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:09pm
I already have that line in there...or do you mean only use that line and get rid of everything else??
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:11pm
Sorry, I overwrote part. Replace the line with:
outputString := outputString + {oe_trailer.product-code} + "-" + serials[x];

I used x since i makes italics
IP IP Logged
p0pcan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote p0pcan Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:07am
Thanks for the update.  That worked to get the product-serialnumber beside each other

now the next question is:

Is there a way to take each one of those combos and put them in their own field?

Right now it looks like this in one field:
DMW799W-987654321123654DMW799W-651981611681DMW799W-6416518948165DMW799W-8946158645321DMW799W-987613123186DMW799W-68421613554DMW799W-984186465186DMW799W-6139835168DMW799W-64516435135DMW799W-9865131815

I want it to look like this and in separate fields:
DMW799W-987654321123654
DMW799W-651981611681
DMW799W-6416518948165
ect.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:41am
I don't know about their field...that tends to be problematic, but to put them on their own line, that's pretty easy.

just change:
outputString := outputString + {oe_trailer.product-code} + "-" + serials[x];
to:
outputString := outputString + CHRW(13)+CHRW(10)+{oe_trailer.product-code} + "-" + serials[x];

and the last change is when you display outputString:
mid(outputString, 3)...unless you don't mind the extra blank line at the beginning.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum