Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need Help With Record Handling Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dhills
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dhills Replybullet Topic: Need Help With Record Handling
     Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:13pm
I want to create a report with CR XI that will only print one line after having read six records from the database.  The idea is to get a print line that contains three fields from each record and spreads/repeats the data from six records on each print line.

For example.  I'm reading (ODBC) a table of customer orders.  I want to spread the data for six orders on a single print line.  If there were 60 orders, I'd have 10 prints lines with data from 6 orders on each line.

This one has me stumped.  Any help is greatly appreciated.



Edited by dhills - 01 May 2013 at 12:13pm
IP IP Logged
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:46pm
If I understand you correctly, you want to split your detail section into 6 different parts, printed next to each other?

In that case, right click on your detail section and go to Section Expert. Check the box that says Format with Multiple Columns. This should create another tab called Layout. Here you have to set the width of your section (if you want it to be printed 6 times, I guess it should be around 3 cm). Finally, set your Printing Direction on Across then Down.

That should do the trick [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Gurbs - 02 May 2013 at 2:04am
IP IP Logged
dhills
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dhills Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:51am
Gurbs, Thank you!  That sounds like the solution I'm looking for.  I'll try it and report back.

Again, thank you!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum