| Author |
Message |
achandana01
Groupie
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Topic: to get TOP N records Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:27am |
|
Hi,
I am looking for top N rows in a report for that I go to report > group Sort expert
I selected the Top N from the drop down and put a parameter in the formula which allows me to select any number of top rows, however I am looking for something like this the parameters should allows me to select particular number of top procedures or all procedures I am wondering how to do code it in my report ? Please help.
Thanks,
|
|
chand
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm |
|
Hi
What is
"select particular number of top procedures or all procedures I am wondering how to do code it in my report ? "
You mean.. stored procedurs if so, how can we say top procedures ?
If not stored procedurs then what is this give some example to understand better
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
achandana01
Groupie
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:02am |
|
Hello Sastry,
Procedures isn't really stored procedures it is a field in a table which I am using to group by in my report.
I would like like to setup a parameter which gives an option to select Top N or All(all records for that query irrespective of top rows).I know how to setup TOP N but not sure how to pass ALL.
Sorry about the earlier confusion, I hope this explains better.
Thanks,
|
|
chand
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 4:50am |
|
Hi
There is only one way to do this is :
Create a static string type parameter, and in Top N condition evaluate it like ..
If isnumeric({Parameter}) Then
Tonumber({Parameter})
else
500000 // This is maximum values. If any user enters other than number 'All' or any other value then it will take 500000 number inplace of 'N'
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|