| Author |
Message |
JennyB
Newbie
Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Topic: Subdivided Axis Labels in Chart Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 1:34am |
|
Hi,
I have a crosstab with 2 row labels, Locations and Courses, something like this: Total Location1 Course1 10 Course2 15 Location2 Course1 5 Course3 9 ...
I want to create a horizontal bar graph which has 2 axis labels, the Location, and then within it the Courses, kind of like this just so I'm being clear:
Location1 Course1 XXXXXXXXXX Course2 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Location2 Course1 XXXXX Course3 XXXXXXXXX
I can't seem to find a way to do this, when I try I can get the chart to break down the data into Location and Course, but it only shows the Location label on the axis. I created the crosstab to use thinking it might give me more chart options than the basic ones but I can't find anything. All I can think of is creating a function with {Location}&", "&{Course} and using that field instead for the chart axis but I thought I'd ask if there was a better way of doing it I hadn't thought of.
Thank you as always! :)
Jenny
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 1:56am |
|
Hi
I could do it with crosstab, I don't know why you are not able to creat it.
I did the following :
Created a crosstab by placing Location and Cource on Rows and placed Total in summarized.
Right click on crosstab and insert chart and went into chart expert and changed to Stacked bar chart and selected Horizontal radio button.
That's all.. it looks good, If you want this report to be sent on your ID send your email through Private Messennger.
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
JennyB
Newbie
Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 2:11am |
|
Hi Sastry,
Thanks for your help, I've started again and done exactly as you have above but I now get:
Location1 XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Location2 XXXXXBBBBBBBBB
Legend: X Course1 O Course2 B Course3
I want it to show me both the Location and Course labels on the Y axis, is that what it looks like to you? I've got it to kind of work by concatenating the Locations and Course fields and using the function on the Y axis and it looks ok and at least has all the info there but I wanted it to be like a cross tab with the location shown once then the courses within it. :)
Thanks!
Jenny
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 2:59am |
|
Hi Jenny,
Can you check your crosstab row fields order:
It should be
Location
Course
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
JennyB
Newbie
Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:41am |
|
Hi,
That's right, that's how they are and how the crosstab displays, and in the Chart Expert the Crosstab is selected for the data source and it has 'On Change of' set to Location, and 'Subdivided By' set to Course. It does divide it up that way, but instead of being able to have Location and Course labels on the Y axis, it has Location labels only and the Course labels are in a legend.
I've got my workaround set up, I've created a concatenated Location and Course field and used that for the axis but it makes it a long field and quite untidy looking, but its working at least! :)
Thanks,
Jenny
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|