Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Chart format when exporting to PDF question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
smallies
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote smallies Replybullet Topic: Chart format when exporting to PDF question
     Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 11:18am
I have a chart I inserted in my crystal report 8, report from Excel.  Looks good in Crystal.  When I export the report to PDF, the charts are very small and not readable.  I have tried locking the size and location of the objection and nothing seems to help.  Any suggestions are welcomed!
Eric Pellant
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 3:46am
Hi

When you insert a chart from excel to your crystal reports then it will become an OLE Object in your report.

I don't think you can change the format of this object when you export to PDF.

Insted of importing or inserting a chart from excel, try to create chart in Crytal itself to get better export quality
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
smallies
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote smallies Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:49am

That is what I ended up doing.  It took 3 charts to do what I was able to do with one chart in Excel.  I was hoping to just have the one chart.  Now I have one that shows the totals of data in a stacked column for a 45 day period.  Then one shows the average of that same data for the 45 day period, lastly one that shows the average of the last 7 days of the same data.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question!

Eric Pellant
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum