Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cannot find runningtotal in crystal reports XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
saumyarpandey
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote saumyarpandey Replybullet Topic: Cannot find runningtotal in crystal reports XI
     Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 2:52am
Hi there,

I am trying to display only the top three records in the details section. I have used a suppress function to suppress null values and then done a running total on the remaining records which are then grouped by provider. Now I am trying to select only those records where the running total is <=3 but I am not sure how to use it as I can find it in the select expert or section expert tabs or anywhere else for that matter.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Edited by saumyarpandey - 22 Apr 2013 at 2:53am
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:05am
Hi

Running totals are in Whileprintingrecords phase where as record selection will be in Whilereadingrecords phase. So, you will not see running totals in record selection to filter the records.

Best way to filter based on record selection is go in section expert and suppress the records which are less than 3.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
saumyarpandey
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote saumyarpandey Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:19am
Hi,

I am fairly new to crystal and am not sure how to do this besides I an already using a suppression formula right now in section expert 'Not isnull ({ApptSlot.Status})'. What I really want is to display only the top three records for each group in crystal and the running total to readjust on change of each group. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Saumya

Edited by saumyarpandey - 22 Apr 2013 at 5:32am
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:08am
HI

do the following :

Create the below formulas and place them as mentioned

@init

Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar x:=0 // Place this formula in group header

@acc
Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar x:=X+1 // Place this formula in Detail seciton


Now go in section expert of detail -- suppress and write the following :

Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar x;
If x >3 then true else false

Also you can add any suppress conditions you have for this detail seciotn by using 'and'





Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
saumyarpandey
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote saumyarpandey Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:41am
Hi Sastry,

Thanks so much for your help. It looks great now.

Saumya

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum