Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: running total without supressed data Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 8:35am
Hi,
I am a crystal newbie and am stuck with one particular issue. On the report I have suppressed null values in one column and need to display only the top three rows of the remaining data in the details section which is grouped by provider. For this I tried to do a running total count on change of group and then display only the reports that have count <=3 but the running total is including even the suppressed null values. What should I do to fix this?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:34am
Change the "Evaluate On" for your running total. Set it to evaluate based on a formula. In the formula put the opposite of the formula you're using to suppress records. So, if you have this in the suppression formula:
IsNull({MyTable.MyField})
Your "evaluate on" formula would be
not IsNull({MyTable.MyField})
This will set the count to evaluate for only the non-suppressed records.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum