| Author |
Message |
hmbmeister
Newbie
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Topic: Save Data with Report causes logon error Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 10:33am |
|
We are using Sage 300 (Timberline) and connected to Microsoft SQL Server. I wrote a stored procedure, connected it via odbc and create the report in Crystal 11. In preview mode, the report runs perfectly. I then added it to the menu in Timberline and get the error:
Logon failed.
Details: [Database Vendor Code: 18456 ]
It isn't a logon issue though. I traced it down. I found that checking the option in the File menu to "Save Data with Report" makes the error message go away in Timberline. However, that isn't what I want. I want the newest data, not something saved in the report.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
|
|
--HmbMeister
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:46am |
|
Hmmm...I'm not sure, but saving the data in the report I think just displays the last saved data when in design mode...I don't think it negates getting new data from the database.
Then again, I've been wrong before.
|
IP Logged |
|
hmbmeister
Newbie
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 6:31am |
|
In my case, when leaving "Save Data with Report" checked, it never runs the stored procedure again. So, if the user just prints the report, it will be old data. I tried running the report in "Preview" mode and there is no refresh button on the view to get the new data. So, I really can't have "Save Data with Report" checked.
|
|
--HmbMeister
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:00am |
|
Try this MS Forum post: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjappmsmgmt/thread/59d1f05b-2669-4011-b74b-adcb3a6662ad
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
hmbmeister
Newbie
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:16am |
|
Ahh. That helped. I did some looking and the database is set up with windows and sql authentication. I looked in the error log and it stated "Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authenitication. " What this is telling me is the ERP system is only passing a Windows Authenticated (Integrated) login. Hmmm. I don't know how to get by this one...
|
|
--HmbMeister
|
IP Logged |
|
hmbmeister
Newbie
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:04am |
|
After talking with Sage Software and a couple other vendors, it is not possible to use sql authentication using Timberline (Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate). However, they suggesting using Datalink Viewer and attaching reports to the menu using it. That seems to work fine. I have to take the RPT file and compile it to an RPZ and put the RPZ file on the menu. A little extra work, but it does what I need it to.
|
|
--HmbMeister
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|