Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Format Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Topic: Date Format
     Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:19am
I have designed a report for my users and having a problem with a date format.
 
The date format is customised so that the date is displayed as 17 April 2013.
 
This displays perfect on my desktop but with some of my users it displays 2013-04-17
 
I have tried it in a text box, out the text box but no luck. CR's {Print Date} is formated as above and works. I have tried as a formula as well but no luck.
 
I have tried all sorts of things etc.
 
Any idea's where I am going wrong?
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:52am
have you tried converting it to an actual text field type?
totext(field,"d MMMM yyyy")
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:07am
Hi,
 
Thanks for getting back.
 
I have tried as follows ToText({field}, "MMM dd, yyyy") but get the following error message on the user's pc.
 
Too many arguments have been given to this function.
 
Error in File ..........
Error in formula <Test>
Too many arguments have been given to this function
 
Again works perfect on my PC.
 
Help me before I throw my PC out the office window.
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:10am
are you sure this is a date field type and not a text field that looks like a date?
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:16am
Hi,
 
I am getting the value from a SQL Server view. When I show field types it says Date within Crystal Reports. I must be missing something. The field is not null and there is a value in it.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:23am
from your cross post it appears that you are the only one viewig the content via Crystal reports. How are the others viewing the data? A report viewer? Inside some software?
IP IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Quote Central Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 6:14am
I have developed a VB application that has a list of reports. You select a report and it is displayed on your PC. On each of the user's PC I have installed the crystal run time i.e. CRRedist2008_x86.msi.
 
There is no problem with other reports. The problem seems to be with a date field. If I try and do anything with thisn field I get the too many arguments error.
 
I have also verified the database.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum