Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: Verify Format of Text field "*****-****-***"
Author
Message
chudok
Groupie
Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Topic: Verify Format of Text field "*****-****-***"
Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 4:51am
I have a text field that is not always filled out properly. I cannot force users to do this, but I need to run a report to find fields with mistakes.
Example - the field has 5 characters, a dash, 4 characters, a dash, 3 characters
*****-****-***
How can I make sure it is like this?
I think I can use "len" and possible "mid"
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 6:07am
this will not care what the 'character' values are in the '*' values but it will check the total length and location of the dashes
NOT(len({table.field})=14
and
mid({table.field},6,1)="-"
and
mid({table.field},11,1)="-")
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.