Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Picture Graphic Location Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pmel
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote pmel Replybullet Topic: Picture Graphic Location
     Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 12:17am
Hello,
This is my first time posting here any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Visual Studio 2010 SP1 using VB.Net running C1StudioNet_2012v3.msi for reports.
I have inserted a picture into a report that I want to make dynamic by pushing a parameter. The issue that I get is when I add a parameter to the Graphic Location on the Format Object of the picture, I cannot save the change. When I try to save the change VB.Net stops responding and then crashes. I know this is what is causing the issue because I can take away the parameter and just add a path to the Graphic Location I have no issues. I can also not save the report run the program and pass the parameter programmatically without an issue but it will not save.
Thank You up front for any help   
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:03am
what I have seen done is to push the data to the report (have you middle tier create the data from a stored proc or just build a table) then set the datasource to your dataset/datatable from the middle tier. In Crystal, it would use the ADO.Net connection.

Now the spiffy part...in the datatable/dataset, embed your graphic. Now Crystal just takes the graphic out of the dataset, and it can be dynamic...without Crystal being concerned.

The biggest problem is that there are no facilities in Crystal to change the size of the graphic, so it may appear stretched if the graphics don't have the same size as the graphic used to design the report.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum