Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Technical Questions
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Technical Questions
Topic: SQL Expression use a parameter
Author
Message
Central
Groupie
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Topic: SQL Expression use a parameter
Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:47pm
Hi,
I have a report and I want to use the SQL Expression with a parameter
An example is like as below
(
Select max("Employer"."SalesDate")
from Employer where "Employer"."CaseID" = {?EmpID}
)
{?EmpID} is a parameter
I keep getting an error.
How can this be done or is there a different way?
IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:38am
If you are using MS-SQL I believe you need to put single quotes around the parameter (i.e., ' {?EmpID}'). Why, I do not know, but it works for me.
IP Logged
Central
Groupie
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 2:45am
Thanks for getting back to me with a solution.
I will give it a try.
Thanks again
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.