Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Invalid Argument provided. (Using XML) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CRaid
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote CRaid Replybullet Topic: Invalid Argument provided. (Using XML)
     Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:33am

I am using CR2008 and XML.  I keep getting the following message when previewing the report from within Epicore.  The XML looks pretty accurate, but something has gone off the deep end for some reason.  I am not sure where the problem is or even how to find the problematic field, if any.

 
Invalid Argument provided.
Failed to retrieved data from the database.
Error in file tmp401 {F04AFBE1-667F-45B9-BB14-EC46C7CE7DEC}.rpt:
Invalid argument for database.
 
I am also unable to save any changes I make.  What did I do wrong?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 2:43am
Not sure about not being able to save any changes, but how I would start trouble shooting is to save a copy of the XML to a file. Then in the CR designer point your database to the file you save. Verify the Database and then preview...you might get more information as to what went wrong.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum