| Author |
Message |
Threerick
Newbie
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
|

Topic: Every Other Line Shade Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:44am |
|
Hello I am looking to shade every other line with a colour.
I currently am using this formula
if RecordNumber mod 2 = 0 then Color (74,153,232) else crNoColor
This works when I have items for the line however this does not work for if I want empty lines. What I would like is in the detail level, let say I want a total of 10 lines regardless it is empty or not, to shade in a colour every other line. Is this possible? If so please help.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:50am |
how are you doing your 10 lines? Suppression on extra footer sections?
Is this per group?
|
IP Logged |
|
Threerick
Newbie
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
|

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:11pm |
|
This is for the detail group. I do not know how to do the "must have 10 lines" either. I'm hoping to get 2 birds knocked with 1 stone.
|
IP Logged |
|
joeg1962
Newbie
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:19am |
|
Are you saying that you always want ten lines in a detail section, no matter how much detail there actually is? So, if one detail line, you want it plus nine blank lines two detail lines, 8 blanks ten detail lines, no blank lines
what about 11 detail lines? could there ever be this many?
what about no detail lines? not sure if this is possible, but I suppose if a list of customers and all open orders then you would want to see company AAA and ten blank lines, and then company BBB with the five open orders.
As I write this, I am thinking the sub-report concept to handle the detail lines.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:58am |
|
you can alos consider making 10 group footers that are conditionally suppressed based on a group record count and include them as alternately shaded by adding a value of that group footer to that record count.
|
IP Logged |
|
Threerick
Newbie
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
|

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:12am |
|
Hello to answer your questions.
Joeg1962 you are correct. I would like always X lines, for now let us say 10 lines. If 1 detail lines, then I will need 9 empty lines. If 11 lines, move the 1 line to the next page which will also need 9 empty lines.
Each line in this section will need to have Colour shaded in every other line. So Line 1 white, Line 2 (empty) blue, Line 3 (empty) white, Line 4 (empty) Blue and so on until the 10th line and starting over on next page.
Thanks DBlank, I will look into trying that.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|