This a strange question that I may be asking wrong.
We have a number of reports built in the traditional Crystal Reports fashion using the Database Expert. Due to a new data governance iniative and a desire to improve report performance, we have been asked to look into converting some of the most used and resource intensive reports into stored procedures.
So a report that, for example, used 7 tables would now connect to 1 stored proc. The field names would be the same, but they'd now be coming from the 1 stored proc. The Set Datasource Location is great for many things, but not this. We would have to go in and correct all formulas. Moreover, the fields in the report that were actually the raw data from the tables would disappear, I think.
Can anyone recommend an efficient way of accomplishing this? One of the more technical members of the team thinks you might be able to access the raw rpt file and do a find and replace on the fields, but I can't find any guidance online as to how this would be done.
Thanks.