Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data- Only Export is missing Columns Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
donpisci
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote donpisci Replybullet Topic: Data- Only Export is missing Columns
     Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:06am
Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with some columns on a report I'm looking after.

When I produce the report, all of the information is present and when I export the report to a variety of formats all of the information is present. However, when I export the report to a data- only .xls or .xlsx two columns disappear.

Has anyone encountered this before or know how to solve it?

Thanks,
John
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:17pm
Hi

When you are exporting any crystal report to Excel or Excel Data only, you need to pack the fields. i.e. you are not suppose to overlap the field, should not leave any space between fields.

In your case, it must be overlapping of fields, please check the format of your report and reexport.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
donpisci
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote donpisci Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:32am
Hi Sastry,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried packing the fields but to no avail. I've even tried moving the fields into the same text object but they are still missing from the export.

I've even moved the text object into another section of the report but it's still no good.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 2:37am
Hi John,

To understand better, is it possible to send the report with sample data to check and fix the issue.

I will give a private message with my email address.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum