|
I have a report that has a subreport embedded in it. It is linked on the Location ID from the main report = location ID from the subreport. However, there are situations in which there are no records returned for the subreport because there is no subreport data for that location ID. HOWEVER, I still need to count the fields as having a value of 0 because I am summing up this field in a grand total. For example, there is data for location 1 inĀ field A and the value = 10. There is no data for location 2 for the subreport so the field A value is empty (not sure if this counts as NULL or not). If I wanted to total the field in the report footer, I get blanks. I assume this is because you cannot add a null value to anything without getting null.
Does anyone have any experience with this? I imagine I have to determine whether the data set will return records before it sets up the field formulas but I've never worked with BeforeReadingRecords. Is this the way to go?
|