Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: How to stop subreport parameter prompt in MainRep Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:01am
Hi,
I have a main report and a sub report. When main report is loading, subreport prompt comes up. Can anyone help me how to stop this subreport prompt in main report and to enable the prompt only when the sub report is clicked? I am using Crystal Reports 2008.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:42am
You need to link the prompts (right-click on subreport. click on change subreport links). Generally I link the field(s) to a specific prompt in the subreport. I hope this helps.
Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:24am
Hi kevlrary,
Thanks for the reply.
I am not getting what you mean. I have 1 parameter in the Main Report and 2 parameters in the Subreport.
Subreport is linked with one parameter value from main report and for the 2nd parameter, I need a prompt when subreport is loading(This is now prompting when loading Mainreport itself).
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 6:55am
I have not done any on-demand sub-reports, so I do not know how the prompts work for that. Normally all the prompts are set when the report first run (main and sub-reports). I would have to do some testing to see what happens. Sorry, I do have a good answer.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum