Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vgillis
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote vgillis Replybullet Topic: Date Selection
     Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 2:52am
Hi...question..

I have a report that displays lasped donors. Meaning they gave last year and not this year.

So I want to select gift detail records where the last time the person gave was less than or equal to a specific date. But I want all of the detail records associated with this person. If I simply select by the maximum date, I only get that one detail record. I want all of the detail records associated to that person.

Please help.
Thanks.
Veronica
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:18am
group on the donor, inser a maximum date at the group level and then do a group select statement using that.
Maximum(date,donor)<?param
IP IP Logged
vgillis
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote vgillis Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:21am
Thank you!!!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:29am
just a warning, if you are doing any summary functions use Running Totals. If you use the standard functions they will calculate using all of the data not the data post group select.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum