Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Populating Parameter with SQL SPROC Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gbrad145
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote gbrad145 Replybullet Topic: Populating Parameter with SQL SPROC
     Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 2:27am
Hi,

I am very new to Crystal Reports and we are running Crystal Reports 2008. I have 3 years of experience with Reporting Server.

That being said, with SSRS, I used to be able to populate the values of a parameter with a Stored Procedure, giving what the value and label would be.

My question is, is this possible to do in Crystal Reports 2008? I have Googled this and have read some articles, but I am having a hard time understanding them as each one does not explain the process the same.

If some could point me to a article explaining this or can give me a step by step on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks Again!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:40am
Yes, but you will want to do this through something called the "Business View Manager".  In there you'll set up a "Data Foundation" (connection to the database), "Business View" (query/call to Stored Proc), "Business Element" (the fields you want to see), and List of Values/Prompt/LOV.  You should then be able to use the LOV to populate the parameter values for your report.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum