Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: sum running total counts?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Topic: sum running total counts??
     Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 9:01am
Hi

I have two running total FST and CSA
I group by name
If conditions in the running total are met it move an X to the running total
I surpress the details section but if u look at it once the condition is met the running total is X
then rest at next name
What I need is a count of all the X's at the end

Example

name       FST   CSA
name1      X       X  <-this line is the group footer details r throwing off my counts
name2               X
name3      X


Total         2        2

Thanks
Joe


IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 9:25am
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 9:30am
Ok,

I figured it out in case someone else is looking for it

I created two formulas for each

F1
Whileprintingrecords;
If Next({Client.ID}) <> {Client.ID}
   
and {#fst} = "X"
then
Numbervar X:= X + 1

Then F2
Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar X;

Put both in detail section since I don't display the section anyway
figured I didn't need a reste on the header since it was displaying total in footer?

Thanks


IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:57am
You could also have created a second pair of running totals that never reset.  The numbers there will be valid at the end of the report.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum