Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Using Prompts and CR Viewer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Narmi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Narmi Replybullet Topic: Using Prompts and CR Viewer
     Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 1:28pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Crystal and am really glad there's a forum I can access to chat with other users.
 
I've been going through the book and have been wondering about report creation and delivery.  If I create a report that requires prompts, is it possible to distribute that report and have other employees open it in the Crystal Reports viewer and be able to select the options in the prompts and then view the correct report, or is this only possible in the actual Crystal Reports software.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 4:58pm
The CR Viewer is only useful for static reports. By that I mean it can only show reports that have the data stored with the report. If you have data that changes or updates the viewer limitations make it not very useful. There are a number of people that have free viewers, myself included, that do allow report data to be refreshed.
 
Apart from the viewer you would need a copy of CR or another application that will open the reports.
 
Hope this helps
 
John W.
IP IP Logged
Narmi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Narmi Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 6:58am
Yeah, it makes sense.  I hadn't read anything about it so that's what I suspected.  Thanks for the reply.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum