Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Stored Procedure column datatype chnges Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 9:10am
Hi Experts!
We are using crystal reports 10 and the blackened database is sql server 2008.
I have created couple of crystal report with a stored procedure which has two parameters (start_date and End_date coming from stored procedure). When I try to change the connection of database in SET DATA SOURCE LOCATION from DEV to PROD then it automatically changes the data type of the my parameters from DATE,TIME to STRING.
I checked the stored procedures on the both servers DEV and PROD. They are same and have the DATE data type. Everything works fine in Prod but as soon as I swap the connection it gives me the error “A Date is required” and it navigates me to the formulas where I have used the start_date and end_date parameter.
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 6:40pm
and yes i forgot to mention that i am having this problem in two reports only whereas the rest of 16 reports i changed the database connection for works fine and these all reports are also using stored procedure.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum