Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summarize Not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TheTree
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote TheTree Replybullet Topic: Summarize Not working
     Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 11:09am
I have a Question Field and Answer Field.
 
I made a formula for each Question.  So the formula for Question 1 is : If Question is 1 then Answer. 
 
For every record this is either blank or not.  I then use a max(Question1) to be used in the summary to display all my questions going across instead of down
 
Question 1 Answer Question 2 Answer Question 3 Answer etc.
 
This works great.  I then need to count how many questions had same answer.  So I created a formula to count all the answers that were "Exceed" for example. 
 
My formula is
(If Maximum (Question1, Exam Grouping) = "Exceeds " then 1 else 0) + 
(If Maximum (Question2, Exam Grouping) = "Exceeds " then 1 else 0) + 
(If Maximum (Question3, Exam Grouping) = "Exceeds " then 1 else 0)

This returns in a number how many questions for a single exam had Exceeds as and answer BUT... it will not allow me to create a summary on this formula and I don't see why.  It is a number.
 
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:52am
it has to do with data passes on the report. You cannotsummarize a summary because htey both happen at the same pass
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum