Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dates on chart X axis Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Topic: Dates on chart X axis
     Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 8:43am
Hello All..
 
I have a simple line chart, sales on summaries and date on 'On Change of Field'
 
The graph is good and I want X axis date should be in '01-Mar' format, to get this I am converting my date to text using below formula
 
ToText({date},'dd-MMM') 
 
It is giving correct format but loosing date order.  If I remove this conversion, my date is displayed as 01-03-2013.
 
I am running out of ideas, please through some idea.
 
-Sastry
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 3:11am
I got it..

If any one wants to know how we can format x axis labels, please post your query

Thanks,
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 4:36am
please post Clap
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 12:00am
Hi

Normally when you have a date on 'On change of Field Value' / X axis and you want to display the date in either Mothname-Year / Day-Monthname then we will loose date sort order and it will sort on string value.

Unfortunately we don't have any option (formula editor) to change the sort or change the format of date in graph.

I followed to get desired results :

-Create a cross tab and place date field in columns.
-Go in Group Options-- Options tab-- go in Use a Formula as Group Name and give your formatted date (i.e formual which will display Day-Monthname)

-Place the sales / any data field in summarized fields.

Now insert a graph based on above cross tab.




Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum